Saturday, July 3, 2010

Husbands as Best Friends


The movie "My Best Friends Wedding" came out in 1997, before I was married. I love Julia Roberts and was very upset at the end of the movie when the guy picks his bride over Julia Roberts (the best friend). As I sit here watching the movie 13 years later, I completely understand the choice he made. He was in love, and she was the best friend....They would always be great friends but their relationship would change as he was now married and needed to put his wife first.

I look at my marriage and am thankful to have married my best friend. Over the past 11 years, our marriage has become stronger as we lean on God first and each other second. Communication is key to making a marriage work. The husband and wife need to communicate with each other and not have secrets, lies or withhold info from each other.

I thank God every day for by husband and best friend.....Nate!

No comments: