Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanks to My Veterans!

Tomorrow is Veterans Day and I want to take the time to say Thank You to All the Veterans in my family. 

Thomas Edward (my Mom's Granddad) served in the British Army during World War II. He never liked to kill people so he would aim at the soldiers butt's. This was they did not die and it took more manpower to help the soldiers get better. 

Jim Barrs (my Mom's Dad) served in the Army in the early 50's 

Ken Nivens (my Dad's Dad) served from September 1955 to August 1958 in the Army (the ASA -- Army Security Agency). He was stationed in Japan just after getting married. My Dad was born while he was in Japan. Once he came home from Japan, he was stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC until being discharged. 

Ron VanZile (My Birth Father) served from June 1971 until his death in April 1978 in the United States Air Force. Ron served in the Philippines, Montgomery, AL (where he met and married my mom) and lastly in Tampa, FL (where I was born). 
Ron joined to fight in the Vietnam War but due to his great skills in radar and communications they sent him to the Philippines instead. 

David Everett (brother-in-law) served 6 years state side in the United States Air Force

Jason Moore (brother-in-law) serves in the United States Air Force. He is currently stationed at the Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. He has been serving since 2002. 

These are just a few of the many people who serve in the Military Forces that defend our great nation. Thank you all for your hard work, dedication and willingness to fight for a Country that you love. I can not thank you enough for the sacrifice you and your families have done for the citizens of this great nation. 
GOD BLESS AMERICA! 

No comments: