Thursday, November 11, 2010

Got the Call!

The first of November, I was offered the job of server at Maggiano's Restaurant. Nate and I were both so excited for this new job. He would be working for the gaming studio and I would be working at this fine dining restaurant. Things were looking up. Well it is 2 weeks later and just last night I got the call to start at Maggiano's. They asked me to start on Monday the 15th. I immediately called King's restaurant to talk to the manager and give a 1 weeks notice. I know that 2 weeks is preferred but I did not have much of a choice. I could wait the 2 weeks and not get this better job or I can give a week and then start on Monday at this better restaurant. So that is what I am doing. I go into King's tomorrow night with the written notice and work the entire weekend. I hope that they let me work these last 3 shifts. They may decide to send me on my way without working out a notice. That is okay, I will do what I have to do to support my family. King's still is not giving me enough shifts and the business is not picking up even being 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving. As an added bonus, with me starting at Maggiano's then Nate will get to stop working 2 jobs and just focus on the one job and his school work.

No comments: