Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Leaving Day ~ Thursday May 27th


This is the first chance I have had to sit and blog about the actually move.

Wednesday night was the night to say goddbye to everyone. The kids said goodbye to friends at school as well as in the neighborhood. My parents came up in the afternoon and Nate's parents came to take us do dinner and say goodbye. It was a bitter sweet goodbye. We will miss both sets of parents very much.

We all slept in the living room Wednesday night and got up super early (4:30am) to get on the road. We left on time at 6am. My mom brought up muffins and "waves us off" after Nate prayed for the family, move, and safe trip. More tears......


Cori rode in the car with me and the dogs while Joel was in the truck with Nate. We had to stop at Acton road (30mins) into the drive because Bella got sick in the car. Thankfully that was the only incident with the dogs the rest of the trip.


For those of you who have made the drive to Oklahoma City, OK then you know it is an uneventful drive. We used Joel's walkie talkies to talk between the 2 vehicles. This was so much easier that the cell phones.

We pointed out the different landscapes and mile markers to the kids as we drove. When Joel got in my car he did not like the country music I was listening to so he put on his music in his mp3 player. Joel does not know how to NOT sing along with the music so I am listening to my music on the radio and Joel singing completly different songs next to me. He started singing "We will rock you" by Queen and started beating the dash and stomping his feet. I was laughing so hard it was hard to stay on the road.






We made it to OKC about 7:30pm on Thursday and stayed in a small suburb called Bethany. We were 5 miles from Yukon where Nate use to live. I also got to show the kids the sites in OKC and where I ran the half-marathon. They seemed impressed but they could have been humoring me. Once we checked into the hotel I went for dinner and everyone crashed very quickly.

Trip time ~ 13.5 hours, 5 states, 750 miles

The next day we head further West.

No comments: