Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Decorating

On Monday, I was able to unpack the Christmas decorations and make the house all pretty. It was a lot of fun to do this project by myself. I turned on the movie "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire then also watched "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby. All while trying to find places for all my decorations. I put up a 4ft tree in the living room and a 2ft tree on the counter in the kitchen. It was fun putting the decorations up in different places this year. I have a lot of snowmen everywhere but still not enough.
The Mantel

Our Tree

Close up - Snowmen

Close up - Snowmen


Kitchen Table

In the kitchen area


The ledge as you come in our door

The tree on the kitchen counter
I am going to add pictures of my nephews to the snowmen

Joel hanging the ornaments on the tree

Hanging lights outside

The Tree
After the kids came home from school, they put the ornaments on the tree. It was fun to hear the stories about how they got their ornaments, from whom and what year. Then Joel and I went outside to hang some lights on the patio. I am only half way done because I ran out of lights. Nate just laughed at my silly lights. I go a little crazy with the lights. 

These next set of pictures really define my evening of trying to get the lights up with Joel's help and the fun of picture taking.









No comments: