Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The 1st 14 days of December

A lot has gone on in the last ten days since I have posted. I am working 6 days a week during the holidays to earn extra money and stay busy. Because I am working so much, the last week is more of a blur of serving people than anything else. Cori was able to spend the night at a friends house on Friday night and we took Joel to the mall to spend time with him by ourselves. At some point last week I mailed all of our Christmas cards. We have also begun to receive Christmas photo's for the fridge. I love adding new family and friend photo's to the fridge.

Last Friday, my brother Daniel and his wife and kids went to Birmingham to have Christmas with my mom. They all had a great time and on Saturday night we were able to skype the entire family. It was fun talking on skype and seeing how big my 3 oldest nephews are getting.

Today was the first day off in 8 days, and my last one for another 7 days. I had a lot of work to get done today. I went shopping (by myself) to finish up the kids Christmas presents. I hate shopping by myself. There is no one to sing Christmas carols in the car with you, no one to bounce ideas off of, and no one to help to you yell at the other shoppers that are out in the madness. This is the first time in a long time I was not done with Christmas shopping much much earlier. On a more positive note, I found all the items I was looking for and most are already wrapped and hiding in my closet.

I received a package today, some Christmas Tree and Snowmen earrings from my mom. They are so pretty and will be worn to work this next week.

Only 10 days till Christmas!

No comments: