Monday, October 25, 2010

~ A Friend for Thought ~

How often in a day do you talk to a friend or family member? Every day, twice a day, twice a week, once a month? When you are working every day, taking care of your family, with grocery shopping, cooking dinner, and kids to school do you talk and visit with your friends? When your family lives close by, when your friends are only a coffee shop away, or you see them at church each Sunday, then you don't always think how important they are to your everyday living.

When you move 2,000 miles away from all of that you appreciate everything a lot more. The Sunday lunches at Grandparents house, and mexican restaurants, yard sales on Saturday morning, birthday dinners, trick or treating  at family houses, coffee or dinner an Panera Bread with friends, Sunday mornings at church, and many many games of Settlers.

This past weekend I have been feeling more homesick and missing family. I wanted to take a moment to remind everyone to appreciate the family and friends around them and tell my family and friends that I miss you all very much.

Family crowded around the stove ~ Cooking? 
Family together at the Palmers
My Family at Christmas
Bek ~ Nothing else needs to be said ~ 

My Parents ~ love mom even in her ugly shirt

My oldest 2 nephew ~ I could just pinch those cheeks

Me and My Granddaddy
Mom and Sisters ~ Great Road Trip & fun with family ~ 
Thanksgiving with Gingerbread houses

Me and Jen

(I miss everyone even if I don't have a picture of you up on the page)

2 comments:

Shellie said...

You always have the best blogs. I really miss you and I did take for granted the fact that we could get together at the drop of a hat. I have to go to the store by myself now. Just one little trip I miss you for. It was neat to be able to just walk up to the store with you when I was out there. Jan.12 is too long away. I miss you and love you all and can't wait to see you again.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom! I miss you too. I have to go to Target today by myself because Nate has to work.