Friday, October 1, 2010

Love is Showing it All Year Long!



Hoover Homecoming Dance

15 years ago this Sunday, Nate and I started dating. Our first date was a Hoover High Football game and then Waffle House after the game, oh yeah, and because my parents had not met Nate yet, my brother got to come along on the date. Our first date without siblings was the Hoover Homecoming dance and then the game the next night.




October 3rd, 1998





12 years ago this Sunday, Nate and I got married. It was a fun day of family and friends with lots of great memories. There was a misplaced flower arrangement, Alabama lost to Florida, lots of tears, and an emergency run to Burger King for a burger for the bride. 


Our Wedding Day 
Love is not what you do, give or get on your anniversary but how you treat each other the rest of the year. Here is one of many examples. On Wednesday I was feeling sick and yucky. After getting the kids off to school, I went back to bed. As Nate was leaving for a lunch shift, he made me go to the living room. He had the recliner (since we don't have a couch) set up  with tv remote, vitamins, glass of apple juice and some snacks for later. When he came home from work he took care of the kids and their homework, took a walk with me to get me moving, and let me get a good nights sleep. I was feeling much better by the next morning. 

Our most recent picture ~ From Nate's Mom's Deck 




12 years, 2 kids, 3 dogs, 2 gerbils, fish and many, many puppies later, we are happier now then when we first got married. Everyday is an adventure and I am looking forward to many many more! I love you Nate. Thank you for everything. I love you more each day. 




No comments: