Friday, October 22, 2010

One Week at a Time!

Nate took the job at inXile Entertainment last Thursday. He is now working his 14th day in a row and has at least 7 more days to go. I am so proud of his hard work and willingness to work two jobs during this transition time. He is loving this new gaming job and doing very well at it. He is working 5 days a week at the game studio and the the weekends at Maggiano's. 


Since Nate is leaving Maggiano's in a couple of weeks, then Nate put in a recommendation for me to take his place. I went on two interviews this week and found out yesterday that I have the job. I will find out later this week when I will start. I am super excited to work for this company. They do double or triple the amount of business that King's does and they will let me work 5 - 6 shifts a week instead of 3-4. Times and finances always get tricky when people start changing jobs. We are taking it one week at a time, and back to eating sandwiches to make sure we can get through the next couple of weeks. We know this is God's will for us and that he is showing us his love and care each day. We just have to keep our eyes on him and let him take care of us. 


Last Sunday the kids and I went to a new church, Beach Cities Community Church. The kids had a blast and really enjoyed going to their classes. Of course, Joel was impressed with the donuts and Wii projected on the wall. He also enjoyed the sword drills they did. Both kids are really excited to go back and also get involved in the weekly meetings. I enjoyed the service as well, and made it all the way through the service without crying. One of the hardest things for me in this move has been going to church and it not being like the services and churches I have been to in Alabama. I think for me it is a big reminder just how far from home I really am. God is helping get through this and being in communication with family and friends. 


I went on Wednesday with the kids to find Halloween costumes. After 4 stores and 2.5 hours we found all that we need to make Cori a witch w/ broom and Joel is Snake Eyes from GI Joe w/ sword. Special thanks to my mom for buying the costumes for the kids. Cori took her costume to school today because there is a Halloween after-school dance. This is Cori's first dance. I will have all the details of the dance tonight. One of the boys at school asked Cori to the dance, which I told her she could meet him there and still ride home with her girl-friend. The boys are changing daily so it is hard for even me to keep up with them. Boy, we are going to have our hands full. Glad I only have one girl, don't know how my parents did it. 


This morning I had to take something to Nate at work. He is working in Newport Beach about 20 mins south of us on PCH. It was my first time to Newport Beach and I can't wait till I can go back and stay and see the beach and Balboa island and pier. My favorite author wrote all about Christy Miller and her life in Newport. I can't wait to see it. 

No comments: