Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just a quick update

This week has flown by. I am starting to get more shifts at work. Tonight I got a call from my Server Manager just wanting to check on me and see how I am still liking the job, how I feel about my tables and schedule. Every time I work I get better and more comfortable with the menu and restaurant. Nate is loving his job and keeping busy between working, schoolwork, and cooking some AWESOME meals for the family. We all know that I HATE to cook and only do it b/c as a mom and woman it is my job. So it is an extra treat when Nate cooks and I don't have to. He made a cake for dessert this evening too.

We changed our family day this week to Tuesday because of our work schedules. We took the kids to the South Coast Plaza, which is the mall area that Nate works at. This mall was the ritzy of the ritzy. The anchor stores are Macy's and Sears (for normal people) and Bloomingdale's, Sak's, Nordstrom's (for the richer). Then there was Prada, Louis Vuitton, Armonie, and a bunch more exclusive stores. Nate and I thought we were going to be charged for window shopping. I found out after we came home that this mall is where all the rich and famous shop from LA to Newport Beach. I was a different kind of mall trip.

I have also started another blog. I am writting one that is just for books. This blog is for reviews and recommendations from books that I have read. Feel free to read and make other suggestions as well as let me know if you like any of the books. Here is the blog http://booksbythehandfull.blogspot.com/

No comments: