Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Flashback 2010

While getting ready to ring in the new year, I have been remembering the big things that happened to our family in the last year. Here are the top 10 things that changed our lives this year.....in no particular order....Honestly! 

1. I ran my first 1/2 marathon with Nate's family in April. Mom, Jen, Carrie and I drove to OKC to visit with the rest of the family. Most of the family that visited ran/walked in the 1/2 marathon in honor and memory of Nate's grandparents. It was an AWESOME personal accomplishment, and was a lot of fun to do with the family.

2. Nate and I took a vacation to Los Angeles, CA (to pick out a place to live) and were able to visit the beach, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood and the sites. 

3. Nate and I made the decision to move our family to California. We loaded up our family, 2 kids, 2 dogs, and 2,000 miles later we were unpacking in our first "rented" condo in Huntington Beach, CA. 

4. Jennifer (Nate's sister) and her husband Matt, had their first little boy, Bryce Matthew Dillard. WE were so excited to be an Aunt and Uncle again. We are super excited to see them in April. 
(this is proud Grandma and Grandpa)
5. Nate and I bought our first Couch! It is brand new and not a "hand me down". We only got it a couple of days after Christmas, which meant we did not have a couch for 7 months. 

6. Thanksgiving Day! (by ourselves) Nate and I made our first Thanksgiving meal....for an army!

7. In June of 2010, I had the worst job of my life......which only lasted a few weeks. Thankfully! 
(no picture....the job was too horrible)

8. First time visiting the Pacific Ocean!

9. After our move to CA, my mom came for a visit! We had a great time with her, and showing her around our part of Southern Cali!


10. Nate and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary in October. WE didn't do something special for the night but we enjoy celebrating our marriage in our everyday life!

I am looking forward to all that the Lord has in-store for our family in 2011!

No comments: