Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hollywood! ~ Tour ~

We took a tour on a "trolley" (which was more like an open topped van) around Hollywood. We saw a couple of different studios' and a couple of sites where movies were shot. Our tour guide had a "chip" on his shoulder and was NOT funny. He would get mad at the drivers in front of him and complain about LA. He made bad jokes and liked to hear himself talk. We were glad to see the things on the tour but also glad when he was done talking.
The only picture of all 3 of us taken in Hollywood!

Fire escape from Pretty Woman

Hollywood is an interesting Character. The tourist part of Hollywood is only about 4 blocks in length and then the rest is residential and studio's.  I was dressed down because I wanted to be comfortable during our day out. I was in jeans n tennis shoes while Christie were a nice shirt, her glamor shots hair and high heel boots. I am sure we Screamed Tourist!

After Hollywood, we drove up to get a better view of the Hollywood sign.

 Then the long and traffic filled drive back to Orange County. I cooked dinner again and we played board games with the kids. Joel got a new Clue game for Christmas and we must have played it at least 5 times.




As we were about to sit down for dinner, my mom stepped outside of our condo and tripped over a water sprinkler. She fell and hit her head, which gave her a black eye. We iced it and bought mom new sunglasses to cover the bruise. I also called the maintenance people and on Tuesday (the next day they were open) they came and dug up the sprinkler. At least now, no one else will fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next time you go into Hollywood pick up a copy of "The Ultimate Hollywood Tour Book" at your local library or bookstore. It all sorts of unpublicized attractions, including movie locations and sites that inspired songs.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I will. My in-laws are coming in 3 months and I am sure we will be back up there again. My kids have not been up there either.