Friday, January 4, 2013

Ringing In the New Year 2013

It is now the 4th day of 2013 and we have so much good news....

Nate was offered a new position at Blizzard. He is now a Scripting Engineer with the battlenet automation team. This is an actual programming job and a lifelong dream being fulfilled. I am so proud of him. He starts the new position on Monday!

As for my job, I have been offered the Assistant Accounts Manager position at Maggiano's. This means I am moving into the office, less weekends, more day shifts, evenings home with Nate and the kids. My move will have more of a transition period over the next month and will still be in charge of training. This position will let me use my accounting, organizational, and business experience to good use.

Cori is trucking along in school, she is almost half way thru her last year in middle school. Making straight A's and lots of new friends at church and school.

Joel will be starting some medication for his ADHD. This was a long time coming as we were not sure if we wanted to go the medication route. After weeks of praying, crying and researching, we are starting his medicines this weekend. We hope this helps his focus and he is able to get more of his schoolwork done in a normal amount of time. Right now he is in school 8 hours and then he is spending another 4 hours a day on homework and unfinished classwork. Joel is very smart and makes great grades when able to focus and apply himself. I hope thru all of this he will realize just how smart he is and it will also raise his confidence level.

Like I said, we are only a new days into 2013 and God is already blessing our family in many ways!

No comments: