Friday, December 30, 2011

3 Day Weekend!

As I sit on the couch and finish up day 1 of my 3 day weekend, I realize it has been a very long time since I have posted to my blog...Let the update begin.

The 1st week of December Nate was given a full-time permanent job at Blizzard, which now gives our family health insurance and Nate vacation/sick time and benefits. YEAH! for us! Thankfully we have not needed the health insurance in the 1 1/2 years out here without it. Nate and I celebrated Christmas with Blizzard employees at California Adventure with dinner and drinks and park rides, and then again with a few co-workers at Scott and Katherine's house. It was fun to have a couple of Christmas parties to attend right before the 2-week insane holiday rush was upon us. Nate is now half way through his Christmas vacation (a paid week off of work and school) and I enjoy my 3 day weekend.

I have been working 6 days a week as either a key-hourly manager or a server, some days I wonder if I am wearing the correct shirt for work. I love working at Maggiano's as a server or manager. They both add fun and adventure to my everyday life. Life in the restaurant business is NEVER boring..... Just a few things I have encountered this holiday season.
~ bare breasted lady feeding her 2-3yr old at the table
~ stood between an upset guest and another party so guest would not ask them to leave the restaurant
~ drunk lady at the bar
~ the longest carry-out line I have EVER seen, we did $33,000 on Christmas Eve in carry-out orders alone
~ many different strangers picking me as the person to hug, and hug and hug
~ sore calves and arms because I can't reach anything in the kitchen
There is more I just can't think of them right now.....

As for Christmas, I worked late on Christmas Eve but came home to Nate and the kids and a very clean house. We rested on Christmas day, opening a ton of presents (thanks to all the family and friends who helped make that possible), more resting and napping (I was exhausted). Talked/skyped with family and rested some more.

Since I have worked so much in December, I was given this weekend as a great 3-day relaxing break. Then life will start back up full force again. I hope to be less busy with life, so I have time to post more blogs about life... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Opening the 1st present

The 1st of many "zebra print" gifts

My fav, an New Settlers Game!

Nate's 24" monitor to add to his command center (which still keeps  flipping the breaker)


No comments: