Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gel Nails!

Most people who know me, know how much I love to paint my nails. There is this new kind of nail polish/treatment called gel nail polish. This may not be new to most people but it was to me. Gel nails is a polish that is almost as thick as acrylics but does not have to be filed and sanded and done in a salon. It goes on like a nail polish and is cured with a small UV light. It lasts up to 3 weeks on one treatment.

I went to a friend who does this all the time. Cost me $20 for her to do my nails. I wanted to see how they worked and lasted before starting to do it by myself. It took a while to do my nails the first time I tried but I know I will get better and faster at it. I Love the fact that the polish stays on so long and still looks really good.
This is the nails after 2 weeks. ( I forgot to take one after 1 week)

This is after 3 weeks of the gel nail polish and 2 weeks of serving

This is my first try at the gel nails. They look pretty good.


No comments: