Thursday, August 30, 2012

1st Pinterest Project Complete!

This past weekend I found a couple of Pinterest projects that I could actually do and fit into my house. Nate said it was way too early to decorate for fall but since Saturday is the first football game then I say it is FALL!

I found a great Alabama wreath on Pinterest but it was $40 on Etsy. I said no way, I can make this for much cheaper. So off I went to Michael's, Joann's and Walmart for supplies.

Supplies ~
1 - straw wrapped wreath ($2.99 at Joann's)
1 - package of red and white felt (3.99 ea at Michael's)
3 - sheets of grey felt (.50 each)
1 - Roll of Houndstooth ribbon
1 - Philips head screwdriver
I already had a rotary knife, and cutting board. These are needed, scissors work but the rotary cutting makes it so much easier.


First, you cut out 4 in squares in each color, I forgot to count out how many I used but the felt I bought made 90 squares and I did not use all of the them. You can use any fabric to make different styles of wreathes but the felt worked better for this project. 


Place the screwdriver in the center of the square and poke into the wreath. 


Like this. If you don't like the way you placed it, just pull in back out. 


Here is the start of the wreath after about 12 of each color. You just take the different pieces and poke them into the wreath as you want the pattern to go. I randomly poked in the gray for added colors. 


This is about half way, when I had to stop and go to work...lol.


Finished wreath. I  made a bow with the ribbon. I used a garbage tie to tie the bow and then a black zip-tie to attach it to the wreath. 


ROLL TIDE! 

No comments: