Sunday, May 16, 2010

~ Family Goodbye Weekend (#1) ~





This weekend was the "goodbye" party for my family and some of my kids friends.

The fun started on Friday when my brother, Daniel and his family came to town. We also picked up my oldest nephew, Lucas for the weekend. Friday night we had dinner at my house with Daniel's family and my Parents. Alex (age 2) was at my house 10 mins before he pulled a cabinet on top of himself with an Xbox 360 and some games on top of it. Alex was just scared, the xbox is okay and cabinet has been fixed. Moving on with the evening, I kept Lucas (age 2 1/2) and Alex plus my kids for the night.

Early Saturday morning, I was awakened by Joel because the boys were all awake and hungry for a snack. Alex was soaking wet and needed a change and Lucas was "starving". So I made breakfast and the day began.

We added 6 more kids to the mix and about 30 adults. My house and yard were rocking by 3pm with a party. My Aunt pulled out the "slip n slide" and the kids played for hours. Alex wore out 2 diapers with all his running up n down the slide. We enjoyed taco salad and cokes. Later that evening we played a couple of games of Settlers, cities n knights.

On to Sunday morning, Cori n Joel each had a friend spend the night as well as Lucas still being here. At 1:47am Joel came to tell me that Lucas, Tate and him were awake. I put on a Scooby-Doo movie hoping that all 3 would fall back to sleep.....that did not happen, at 4am, I took Lucas to the couch with me and the other two boys went back to sleep. At 6am, I got Lucas back to sleep on the couch.....this is where Nate fould me (asleep). I was able to go back to bed for a couple of hours while everyone slept....

After everyone was up and dressed, Cori and Libby took Lucas outside to play. 5 min later Cori came running in the house to tell me Lucas was running around naked in the front yard. He wanted to play in the slin n slide so he had taken all his clothes off so he would not get his clothes wet. Smart little boy!

Joel's friend Tate drove Joel's bike into the lake after lunch.

Weekend summary ~ fun, family, friends, love, laughter, naked babies, crying babies, Settlers ~ City and Knights, falls, water, slides, pictures, bikes in lakes, bug bites, birthdays, lots of diaper changes, lots of Tylenol, hair cuts, and saying goodbye.

Wonderful memories were made this weekend! Thanks to all the friends and family who came this weekend.

No comments: